Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2016

MUST SEE: Ignacio de Loyola


Yesterday, July 27 was the opening of the movie "Ignacio de Loyola," in theaters nationwide.   This evening, my entire family was able to watch it at Alabang Town Center Cinema 4.

I usually do not write about movies, so I will not attempt to  tackle in detail   Ignacio de Loyola's   artistic and technical merits.  If there is one  message  that I have to state clearly:  it is  a MUST SEE.

Based on  the autobiography of St. Ignatius  of  Loyola, the movie  depicted the dramatic conversion of Inigo from being a soldier, a man of the world to a knight of God.

The  almost two hours of screen time was visually grand and  emotionally  engaging. "Discernment. First Principle.  Indifference. Consolation. Desolation.  Spiritual Exercises. Prayer for Generosity." These  terms were   defined in the movie  in a manner  understandable  readily by a lay audience.

When I saw the end credits,  I felt proud that Filipino talent  and regional  collaboration were  behind the  impressive  production of this movie produced by JesCom, Click here to view  the trailer.

I consider  this film as one of the best  I have ever seen,  and I encourage everyone to go see it  and help spread the word.






No comments: