Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2020

REFRAMING FOR POSITIVITY


Given the numerous posts on social media that reek with negativity:   bashing, blaming, buck passing, credit grabbing,  false quotes,   misrepresentation, outright lies, revisionism, and ad hominem attacks ad nauseum-- I have decided to  state my position and call out individuals, groups,  agencies, and institutions in a manner that will not add an ion of -- or at least reduce-- toxicity in the air.   I will do my best to reframe my statements  as positively or affirmatively  as possible.  

To illustrate,  instead of  me saying that an individual is a cretin with a single brain cell,  I would   reframe my statement and  write that the person   is misinformed.  Instead of me saying that an individual  is an escapee from the ninth circle of hell, I would write instead  that the person is misguided.  

I also  searched  on the net  and I came across this list  of tips from success.com on how to achieve a positive mindset:
  1. Start the day with positive affirmation
  2. Focus on the good things, however small
  3. Find humor in a  bad situation
  4. Transform negative self-talk into positive self-talk
  5. Focus on the present
  6. Find positive friends, mentors and co-workers
These tips make sense to me. I will remember them next time I post on my social media accounts.  If I can not be polite, I will attempt to be humorous (following tip number 3 above).   And, yes, please consider these tips for  yourself as well.  Positivity after all is a communal effort. 

No comments: