Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Support for Jollibee Foods Corporation's Ad Pull-Out Over Jan-jan Incident

From the Manila Bulletin online site,  I read  today about  JFC's decision to  pull out temporarily  its Mang Inasal ad  placements from TV5's "Willing Willie" in view of the show's controversial March 12 episode. (Please click here to see  a video clip on Jan-jan, the 6-year old  contestant, who is at the center of this entire issue.)

Indignation over the said  live "incident" on TV5 is articulated in one facebook page named "Para kay Jan-jan."

I myself felt indignation over seeing a  pre-schooler  being prodded by adults to dance (at least 3 times before  a nationwide audience) using   "adult"  moves  to the tune of a "for adults only" song.   (I checked, Jan-jan danced to  the music by Snoop Dogg. The song was "Next Episode" and if anyone cares to know how "adult"  its  lyrics are, check out this link.)

And all these were  done at TV5 regrettably for the sake  of  entertainment,  for  TV ratings and   for the money.

I support the decision of   JFC and  I hope that other advertisers will follow suit. GPS

No comments: