Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"APP" on Ash Wednesday

Source
This evening, Maita and I went to the 6:30 p.m. mass at  St. Benedict Chapel in Alabang Hills. The officiating priest was Fr. Olegario Z. Cammeleran OSB.

During his homily, Fr. Cammeleran shared  that there are 3 things to remember during Lent, which officially begins today.   Below,  with my mental notes,  is the acronym -- that I was able to make out of the Fr. Cammeleran's points:

  • A-- Almsgiving.  To share with others.  I take this to   mean not only our treasure, but our time and talents.
  • P-- Penance.  To reconcile with God and others. This   is in line with today's imposition of ash on the foreheads of the faithful,  the priest or lay minister would say "Turn away from sin and be faithful to the Gospel."
  • P-- Prayer.  To dialogue with our Lord--  speaking  with and listening to  Him.
From today's first reading, Joel 2: 12-18, the words "...return to the Lord"  resonated to me.  It brought to mind an old song from my high school days.  Below is the video, with lyrics, of  "Come Back To Me."  Here's to a meaningful Lenten Season for all of us.


No comments: