Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Commenting on the News about CBCP's Apology

Last night, I read in Yahoo News about the apology by the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) "over the controversial vehicle donations from the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO)."   Please click here for the full text of the apology from the CBCP website.

What actually alarmed me were the comments of  a number of Yahoo readers.   To me, some comments were  grossly  unfair.  I posted a  reply to one comment made by a certain "A".


Before I slept last night   I decided to make my own comment-- not a reply-- addressed to Yahoo readers.

When I revisited my post  this morning,  here is what I found:
1. there were more "thumbs down" than "thumbs up" to my response to "A"-- please look at the icon above;

2. there was already a response to my comment from a certain "Nemesis de Menteurs"-- and it was not friendly-- please read the exchange below.



The  text in the "Reply to Above Conversation"  was from me.

I  researched on the meaning of  "Nemesis de Menteurs,"  In French, it means  "enemy of liars."

In my  Yahoo comment, I simply made  an appeal for restraint. I was speaking the truth. 
I hope that  whoever "Nemesis de Menteurs" is,   he or she will see that I am not  an enemy.  From this experience,  both of us can learn more  about "discernment" and "forgiveness."






No comments: