Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Three Kings Day 2012

Source
My family and I just arrived from Rockwell Makati.  We participated in the 4:45 pm mass at the chapel.  The officiating priest mentioned during the homily a few memorable  points about the gifts of the Three Wise Men or Magi,  also known as The Three Kings.

  • Gold represents what we treasure,  our talents and our achievements.
  • Frankincense represents our prayers-- our petitions and thanksgiving.   Like incense burned at the altar, they rise up to the heavens.
  • Myrrh is a form of ointment  used for the dead.  It represents our own limitations, our frailties, our sufferings  and our failures.
All three were gifts offered to the Child Jesus.  Just the same, all three represent our life experiences that take on a different meaning when offered to Him.

I am thankful for these insights that were  inspired by the  officiating priest, whose name I will  find out next time I am at Rockwell.

No comments: